Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I've Been Boycotting Meal Preperation

If you were wondering where the menu was for this past week, let me save you the searching and tell you that it didn't exist. As a lazy, single parent this week I've been a completely fly by the seat of my pants kind of cook, and to be honest, most of it has consisted of chicken nuggets, sandwiches, waffles and McDonald's.

Don't worry, Ryan's on his way home this evening and I actually had a great meal planned... but now his flight's delayed so I'm scrapping that one and saving it for tomorrow. So here's the meal plan for the (short) remainder of the week:

Thursday: we'll probably grab something quick and/or out before, during or after our airport run. We'll see what time he actually gets in.
Friday: Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Asparagus Pie
Saturday: out of town visiting the Laughlins
Sunday: Grilled Steaks (probably hamburgers for the kids)

I did bake cookies today though... Sawyer's favorite:
Combine 1 and 1/4 cup oatmeal,
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder and
1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
Add 2-3 mashed ripe bananas,
1/2 cup apple juice,
1 tsp vanilla and
1/2 cup raisins.
(Batter will be stiff)
Drop by teaspoon on a non-stick cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
Bake at 375* for 15 minutes.
Store in airtight container.

I also need to make some banana bread today to use up the rest of the bananas around here. Do the home-baked healthy goodies make up for feeding my kids processed foods all week? :)

No comments: