Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tonight We're Taking Dinner Out

Well, my menu was sort of thrown for a loop this past week, as I was really sick on Thursday and not really up to par on Friday and Ryan didn't want to stick to the menu and cook meals that the kids probably wouldn't even eat.
Friday we had planned on taking dinner to the Malones and visit with them and the new baby, but I didn't want to go near Yuri not being too sure about my stomach. So we're headed over there this evening and we're taking along my favorite Salmon Baked in Foil, along with an Apple and Pear Salad, some fresh baked bread, and for dessert... Creamy Lemon Squares. These are my absolute favorite... I could eat them all summer long. I found the recipe at the very beginning of the summer after searching high and low for a good lemon bar recipe. I love lemon bars, but I'm pretty picky about them. That is to say, I'll eat just about all of them, but I love the creamy ones, more like cheesecake than the ones that are too gel-ly. These are perfect! And I love that the crust is made of Nilla Wafers instead of Graham Crackers... very yummy! If you like lemon, give 'em a try.

No comments: