Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

I was bored of my go-to grilled chicken flavors... we often do some good old fashioned barbecue, and my all-time favorite grilling marinade is this Basil and Lemon version, but tonight I wanted something different. So I nosed around on the internet and this one sounded yummy.
And it was. I loved it.
We didn't have as much salad left as I thought we did, so Ryan's the only one who had it as an actual salad... I just ate the grilled chicken with some fresh cooked green beans. It was really good! I saved half my chicken breast though, and I'm anxious to pick up more salad this week and use up the leftover dressing!
Try it!!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Ingredients

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 to 6)

1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup Croutons

Directions

Mix soup, water, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, black pepper and 3 tbsp. cheese in shallow nonmetallic dish. Set aside 1 1/4 cups for dressing. Add chicken to remaining marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate 15 min.

Remove chicken from marinade. Place chicken on lightly oiled grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil 15 min. or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and brushing often with marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Thinly slice chicken.

Toss lettuce, chicken and reserved dressing. Sprinkle with croutons and remaining cheese.


(FYI: the kids didn't eat much as usual... nothing against the flavor, I don't even think they tried it.)

No comments: