Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Honey "Fried" Chicken

I made this recipe years ago, quite often, and somehow it's gotten buried in my cookbooks.
I'm resurrecting it as it is so simple and yummy and made with the minimal ingredients that I always have on hand...

Honey "Fried" Chicken
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp dijon mustard
4 tbsp bread crumbs
salt and pepper to season
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp chicken broth or water
butter flavored cooking spray

  1. heat oven to 450* and coat a baking sheet w/ cooking spray
  2. salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts
  3. brush mustard over both sides of seasoned chicken breasts
  4. place seasoned bread crumbs in shallow dish, add chicken and turn to coat both sides
  5. transfer chicken to baking sheet and spray chicken breasts w/ cooking spray
  6. bake 8-10 minutes until cooked thru
  7. whisk together honey and chicken broth and serve chicken breasts with honey mixture drizzled over the top
I don't think I've even made these since we've had kids (kids that eat table food anyway) so I'll report back later today after it's been gonged by them or not :)

No comments: