This was a recipe using the same method of wrapping the fish in foil packets as my favorite salmon recipe. The foil traps all the moisture and juices in, making a beautifully tender fish, never dried out. This recipe simply calls for a crockpot instead of an oven, and I found myself wondering which was more energy efficient; using the crock pot for 3-4 hours or using the oven for 30-40 minutes. Anyone know the answer to that?
I definitely like having it prepared and out of the way before the dinner hour though!
Here's the recipe:
- 3 or 4 Tilapia filets (or any other favorite white fish)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar is fine, parmesan is yummy!!)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- pinch of salt and pepper
- mix all ingredients except for the fish in a bowl
- lay out pieces of foil for each piece of fish
- rub sauce mixture on both sides of each piece of fish
- fold foil over fish to make seal packets
- toss the packets into the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours; fish should flake easily with a fork