Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet Chicken Tacos

Here's a random recipe I came across online that sounded really yummy to me. I decided to try it since I'm not a huge fan of mexican food and this sounded to me like it sweetened the deal a little...

Sweet Chicken Tacos
3 tbsp. Butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. dried mustard
1 c. Ketchup
2 tbsp. White wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 c. Brown Sugar
about 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Melt butter on medium low heat. Add onions and saute. Mix all ingredients (except chicken) until sugar is melted. Then add chicken and let simmer until juices are absorbed in chicken.

Serve with:

Flour Tortillas
Shredded Lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour Cream and Guacamole


I really liked the chicken... I liked how it brought in different flavors to the regular soft tacos or fajitas we normally have. Ryan thought it was too sweet for his taste and after my second taco, I could see his point. I'd probably use less brown sugar next time. Two cups did seem like an awful lot!! I'll definitely make this again though. Maybe for guests too, since it makes quite a lot of chicken and the kids wouldn't eat it, leaving lots of leftovers for just Ryan and me!

No comments: